Pharmacognosy and Phytochemistry
Department Of pharmacognosy and phytochemistry
- Vision : To train students to face the global challenges in herbal drug research and make them reach out to newer technology with innovative techniques.
- Mission : To reach global standards in herbal drug research and collaborate for better technology exchange.
Established in 1992, the Department of Pharmacognosy is a recognized research centre for M.Pharm and Ph. D. programme under Rajiv Gandhi University of Health Sciences, Karnataka.
The infrastructure of the Department includes state-of-the-art laboratories with all the facilities for isolation, characterization and estimation of phyto-constitutents including HPTLC. The Department is also well equipped to carry out tissue culture studies.
The Department has various collaborative projects with different organizations for R & D such as:
- Natural Remedie
- Sami Labs
- Indian Institute of Horticultural Research (IIHR)
- Foundation of Revitalisation of Local Health Traditions (FRLHT)
- Screening of plants for different biological activities
- HPTLC analysis of active constituents
The department is open to collaborate and consult with Industrial and academic partners. Those interested can please contact the Head of the Department
Dr. Rajamma A J
Professor and HOD
Department of Pharmacognosy And Phytochemistry
KLE College of Pharmacy,
E mail: email@example.com
Experienced faculty with strong Academic Credentials. Faculty in the College are well regarded for teaching and research. They are called upon to be part of Academic Councils, Seminars and Teaching programs