Department Of Pharmaceutical Chemistry
- Vision : To create better opportunities and platform for medicinal chemists.
- Mission : To achieve excellence in drug design.
The Department of Pharmaceutical Chemistry was established in the year 1992. Since then, the Department has been actively involved in imparting a relevant knowledge base and technical skills in the field of pharmaceutical chemistry; offering engrossing research activities in the field of industrial research, development of eco-friendly and “green chemistry methodologies”, and fundamental academic research.
The Department offers excellent infrastructure with sophisticated equipment and well equipped laboratories; and knowledge in the form of a vast collection of relevant books and journals. Moreover, extensive publications in national and international journals of repute, speaks volumes of the Department's commitment to research activities.
Collaborative projects with reputed national and international pharmaceutical / research organizations have seen the Department grow in leaps and bounds in terms of its knowledge base and research capacity.
The Department has various Collaborations with different organizations
- Dept. of Biochemistry, IISc, Bengaluru
- Dr. Bibha Choudhari, IBAB, Electronic City Phase-1, Bengaluru
- Dept. of Physics, MS Ramaiah, Bengaluru
- Dr. Renato J Aguilera, Border Biomedical Research Center (BBRC), University of Texas, Texas, US
- Dominique Schols, Department of Microbiology, Immunology and Transplantation, Rega Institute for Medical Research, KU Leuven, B-3000 Leuven, Belgium
The department is open to collaborate and consult with Industrial and academic partners. Those interested can please contact the Head of the Department
Dr. Subhas S Karki
Professor & Head
Department of Pharmaceutical Chemistry
KLE College of Pharmacy,
E mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Experienced faculty with strong Academic Credentials. Faculty in the College are well regarded for teaching and research. They are called upon to be part of Academic Councils, Seminars and Teaching programs