K.L.E. Society’s College of Pharmacy was established in 1968 in the pleasant environs of J. N. Medical College, Belgaum, with the aim of providing quality education in pharmaceutical sciences. The courses started with, Diploma in Pharmacy (1968) followed by B. Pharm (1975), M. Pharm (1988), the Ph. D Programmes (2000), M. Sc. In Clinical Pharmacy (2013) and eventually Pharm. D (2014). The College of Pharmacy is run in a spacious well-equipped building of its own with hostel, library and sports facilities. The pharmacy curriculum is approved by, Pharmacy Council of India (PCI), All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE) and the UG programme is accredited by the NBA (National Board of Accreditation), AICTE, New Delhi up to December 2014. The institution is the constituent unit of KLE University, Belagavi, which is Re-Accredited by NAAC “A” grade by UGC, up to January 2021.
To be an outstanding department in pursuit of new horizons to create self-reliant pharmacists of global repute through pharmacy education
To inculcate students, the knowledge and innovative practices to develop critical thinking, problem solving abilities and leadership skills. The institution will set a standard of ultimate excellence in pharmacy education.
- To implement semester System at U G level from the year 2009-10
- Designing of curriculum for UG and PG Courses. As per AICTE norms
- Publication of calendar of events and conduct of classes, examinations and all other activities strictly as per the calendar.
- Review of academic programmes from time to time.
- Starting and conducting new academic programmes in thrust areas.
Short Term Goals
- Emphasis on foreign collaborations in select areas, tie-ups with Indian and Foreign institutions.
- Strengthening of linkages with AICTE, ICMR, PCI and DST for research and extension programmes.
- Continuing education programmes for teaching and non teaching staff members.
- Organization of staff development programmes, national and international events.
Long Term Goals
- State of the art and ultramodern facilities at the college comparable to any well reputed international institutions, 100% computer enabled student friendly facilitation centre. Facility for teleconferencing on education& research.
- Establishment of eco-friendly clean environment with excellent water and energy management.
- Introduction of interdisciplinary teaching programmes.
- Academic auditing and validation of research programmes.
- Strengthening of institution administration to make it transparent, responsive and accountable.
- Academic, administrative and financial autonomy to allow departments to initiate self financing programmes.
- Encouragement for national & International seminars, workshops, refresher courses for faculty and students.
- Strengthening of alumni association with the involvement of distinguished alumni in academic and structural development of the institution. Opening of chapters of alumni associations in different parts of the country and abroad.
- Development of an excellent academic and research network of international standards.